Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Little Things...

I really do love them. For instance, Friday morning Paul, Heidi, and I planned a crash course blind date to Logan - for that evening. There are few things more delightful in the world than jumping onto oversized Luvsacs in an abandoned game room after making and eating one of the worlds best Honduran meals. For those of you who have not yet discovered Baleatas - now is the time! Needless to say, we enjoyed the time with our new"blind" friends.

Saturday my brother and I came out of rehearsal with a prayer to be able to find people to serve. That prayer was answered immediately. We passed a car pulled off on the side of the freeway, a common occurance, but suddenly we both knew we needed to stop. She didn't have a cell phone and was missing a jack for her flat tire. When our equipment couldn't loosen the nuts, we drove her home, and with the assistance of her husband and neighbor, succeeded in changing the tire. I am so grateful for acting on inspiration - say go be do - that answers prayers, both hers and ours.

The hike on Saturday? 500 pictures couldn't do it justice. I know, todays snow may put a damper on things, but if you haven't been out yet this fall, in the words of one of my most distinguished friends, "you've got to go!"

No comments:

Post a Comment