Sunday, August 19, 2012

You can

So, at last, I'm back, a repentant procrastinating blogger. :) I'm not making any promises - my life is far too exciting to say that I will never leave you so long neglected again - but here I find myself with a couple of hours on a Sunday when I have no other plans, so I'm taking advantage of the opportunity. 

I'll admit it.  I'm radiantly happy.  I feel a deeper and fuller sense of life now than I think I ever have ever.  I know who I am, and what I'm on this planet to do, and what I need to do to get there. I'm making more money and influencing more people for the better than I ever have before,  and I know Who I'm working for. It honestly makes every single day an adventure.  I was talking to my best friend and personal assistant the other day, and she said "I used to watch movies or read books of people who changed the world, and I wondered what it would feel like to be them.  Well, now I know." Touche. She hit it right on the head.  Yes, this may be the "calm before the storm," but I prefer to think of it as the "calm in the eye of the storm."  I know what it takes to do what I do because I'm already living it every day. 

Take last night, for instance.  I had the opportunity to do a presentation for a beautiful family in Ogden.  About half-way through, I felt a nudge to call out one of the young men in the family and invite him to do something he had been procrastinating for years.  I obeyed, and there before my eyes I watched him change.  Not just a little change, but a big, huge, powerful, destiny-shaping change.  It made everyone in the room cry, including myself.  I have so much confidence in him, and in the world because there are people like him.  I can't wait to see what he does.

I'm a big disbeliever in the idea that this world is lost, that there is nothing that we can do, and that we should just "grit our teeth and bear it." This is not the time for losing, this is the time for winning, and the people that we reach through our choices can be and will be affected forever.  So, dear reader of this blog, can you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment